FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the policy in upgrades after being cleared from the standby list?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:35 pm
OHDL1

Originally Posted by MAMOHT
Hello

Yesterday, I decided to catch an earlier flight home and called DL and was put on the standby list. Later on I was cleared for that flight and that happened about 55 min prior to the scheduled departure time. The UG list was not processed at the time and there were seats available in F. As I assumed at that point, I was confirmed on the flight and I asked the GA why my name did not appear on the UG list. The agent told me the all know rule that standby list is not UG eligible. I called DL again and the phone agent agreed with my logic and placed my on the UG list. The GA though flat out refused to activate me on the list. That was a red coat too. So, the question now, is there a written policy on this somewhere? Preferably on DL web site.
The Red Coat and GA were correct. I hesitate to get involved in this...but, none the less.
The following is "public" information....not on Delta.com.

"Standby is allowed on upgrades provided the passenger has already been confirmed using SDC in coach. If DM / PM / GM member cannot be confirmed in coach, they can be listed as standby for coach only (upgrade not allowed)."

That means....SDC = Upgrade Eligible.....SDSB = Not Upgrade Eligible
Confirmed, in this case, means CONFIRMED VIA SDC....not cleared from the standby list. And...as always (as in this case...) YMMV

Last edited by OHDL1; Mar 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm Reason: Bolding mine