FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:30 am
jsmith50

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
:-:WELCOME TO FT!:-:

Nice first post.

I am not sure what the intentions of the rest of you are, but my aim is to:
1) liquidate my miles (goal is at least 1 million by year end)
2) milk the CB(s) I have earned
3) get status on another airline

Then wait and see
Being ATL-based, status on another airline is difficult but not impossible, assuming you value your life outside of flying and don't want to spend your transit time sitting in connecting airports. However, one of my employees, who also frequently posts to FT asked yesterday in our monthly meeting if, given this rampant speculation, it would be alright with us is he attempted a status match to UA or AA and began flying them exclusively from ATL. Historically, our firm has been more-or-less DL loyal but this could change especially if my employee finds that the it is not significantly more difficult and his overall cost of travel reduces by buying tix on a competing airline. You also have to recognize that much of our week is spent city-hopping so it is conceivable that this idea might work. A somewhat typical week in the past year for me (us) has been ATL-ORD-MSP-SFO-LAX-ATL so UA or AA may be reasonable alternatives.