FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who buys "liquid oxygen drops" from the duty free shop?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:25 pm
folkart

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Fraudulent?

My rant for the day...
It has always bugged me when I see that ad. First because the idea that the VERY tiny amount of oxygen in the few drops in your mouth would have any significant effect on your bodies oxygen level when one breath of air would likely give you many orders of magnituide more blood oxygen; secondly because it assumes that the oxygen could be absorbed throught your digestive tract... hydrogen peroxide will oxidize pretty much anything it comes in contact with thats why it is used to bleach hair and as a rocket fuel oxidizer. Third it assumes oxygen whatever form it comes in is good and useful... why do you think people are concerned about ozone exposure or take antioxidant vitamins, fruits etc... Last... hydrogen peroxide is one of the cheapest items sold in a pharmacy I would guess that a bottle would contain a fraction of a cent worth of peroxide.
For those that "believe" special tip... take cap off pure out half into another container, recap shake rapidly and consume immediately it will contain much more oxygen a no addition cost.

Its sort of like another ad that bugs me, the coins with 14 milligrams of pure 24K gold people are sold as an "investment" ... 1 milligram of gold is worth about 6 cents.

Disclaimer: The post is not intended to detract from the sales or marketability of any product and is purely for entertainment or editorial news comment.

Last edited by folkart; Mar 21, 2012 at 7:31 pm