FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA cancelling paid for reservations without notice
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:39 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diogenes1789
Flight is UA 1136.

"First off, for any domestic carrier in the US, no flight is restricted to the gate agent until <20ish minutes prior to departure." So, I was being lied to by the agents on the phone?

"E+ was an added benefit. Like all carriers, seating is subject to change, without notice." Even if the seating was paid for with a higher fare? If one pays for F, the carrier has the right to put you in Economy?

"they probably had an aircraft swap/downguage from what was originally scheduled." I have no way of knowing, but the phone agents said there had not been a change of aircraft.
flight 1136 is a 737-800 = a PMCO plane few if any have E+ seats, there is premium seats but thats just a seat closer to the front as all seats should be E- on that bird. I kinda think it was always a PMCO plane as PMUA had but 2 flights a day between SFO & EWR

Bout all you can request is a Handicap seat which is the 1st row Coach but Im sure its taken by now, if she isnt handicapped but only older in yrs that wont work, so if she doesnt use wheelchair assist etc it wont help her.

If she paid for E+ she should request a refund if not seated in that area

Pre 3/3 I had my seats changed by an airport rep and the 1K desk wasnt able to do anything but suggest I deal with a rep at the airport. In the end she was able to fix 2 of the 3 legs only, teh 3rd had to be done at the airport I was deaprting from and not the 2 previous ones I arrived at

Originally Posted by USC_FT@LAX
Sounds to me like a lawsuit under the American's with disabilities act is in order.
Nope it happens to my Mother all the time as well on DL & AA. Sometimes Im able to get her the handicap seat back other times its gone and nothing can be done about it

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 21, 2012 at 11:09 am Reason: merge