FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:14 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
SFO-JFK
DL 2340
757-200
10:30P-7:05A (sked)
Late Dinner
March 20, 2012

In the last couple of months, I've experience UA p.s First, AA 762 J and DL BE on the JFK-SFO route. The hands down winner is DL, now my runaway #1 transcon choice. And I'm actually liking the no advance UG policy on the transcons. Allows me to book less than T-24 and still bail out. Booked a $430 Q fare yesterday into a 6/16 cabin and I remained #1 (of 17) all the way to the gate. This is my 2nd consecutive DL transcon where I was #1 on the UG list.

Great SFO GA, called each upgrade pax in order and asked seat preference. ^ Exceptional JFK-based crew led by lead FA Robert. PDBs and prompt post departure beverage and warm premium mixed nut service.

One option tonight, pizza. But, a very tasty gourmet pizza... chicken, multi-cheese including dollops of goat cheese, peppers, olives. Delicious! Although the salad and lemon merengue pie were typical non memorable domestic fare.

If DL ever brought similar edible meals to non-transcons instead of the crap they currently serve, I might never fly AA again.

Last edited by SFO777; Mar 21, 2012 at 6:22 am