FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lybrel and other extended-regimen oral contraceptives
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:23 pm
Hoyaheel

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by techgirl
My biggest worry with birth control pills is my blood pressure since I've become somewhat hypertensive as I've gotten older and due to other drugs I take.
I have similar issues, though with hyperlipidemia, not hypertension. So far, my doc says I can stay on OC, but if I have to stop, my husband will be scheduled for the snip snip. But I love being on the Pill, so I sort of hope I hit menopause first......I've noticed that different kinds of doctors give widely different options in this arena. I stopped seeing my gyn because she told me she wouldn't treat my hyperlipidemia while I was on the Pill, so I switched to an internist (specializing in chronic disease maintenance) and she's fine managing everything. So if you don't get the answer you want the first time you ask....try again (that gyn was a replacement - my long-term doc retired - I didn't like her much anyway, so that was the final reason I needed to see another doc)