FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with Beijing properties?
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:58 am
tsmith12

Originally Posted by kauppias
As I promised to the OP I am writing a few words about my experiences at the Beijing West PP.

The hotel is clean and nice looking, rooms are decent in size. Upon check in I identified myself as a gold elite ClubCarlson member at which point I got a very confused look by the check in girl, I showed her the advertisement for CC on the desk still nothing. it took them 15-20 minutes of checking to see and finally found it in the reservation...

Got an upgrade to a higher floor it was nice.

The staff do NOT understand very much english. EVEN basic words are difficult, BUT they sure do seem enthusiastic.

The hotel is a bit far and away, We chose it for the Sauna and Jacuzzi which is included in the room rate, HOWEVER be aware this facility is BROKEN and has been for quite some time, thus not worth looking forward to...

It is about a 30-40CNY taxi ride to the downtown area and takes 30 minutes. also the metro LINE 1 is about 1km or maybe 2 from the hotel which goes directly to silk market and other places like the military museum etc...

If I had to choosxe again in Beijing I WOULD NOT go to the Beijing west, but rather the Radisson blu or the other PP but still all and all not a bad value for the money paid.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Kauppias! ^

From what I've been hearing, it's hard to get upgrades based on your Club Carlson status, especially if the account holder is not traveling and you run into a situation (much like yours) where they have no clue about the program and have a hard time communicating in English. I had emailed another PP about Concierge benefits and simply got a hotel brochure emailed back to me without addressing my questions.