FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rajastan: Amarvilas, Rajvilas, Amanbagh, Aman-i-Khas, Udaivilas
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:16 pm
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good info ^

i wonder if aman would arrange agra guide.

Originally Posted by latinrusso
while the hotel provides one with cookies and tea/coffee the rest is third party vendor driven, there is a lottery system...“special connection”...can be arranged that you get assigned a car where previous sightings were just registered
Originally Posted by Ericka
There is a certain amount of wheeling and dealing that goes on after the guides are assigned a route...I wouldn't say there was cash changing hands, but it always seemed like one guide owed another guide a "favor".
>

Originally Posted by Ericka
we credit our excellent Aman-contracted guide who had great tracking skill and loads of insider information. Our jeeps were thoughtfully loaded with blankets (mornings were cold, even in March), water, chai, snacks

a guide as good as ours was able to overcome these factors by jockeying for position, and anticipating the tigers’ movements and getting out in front them

1000 year old Ranthambhore Fort and enjoyed a private brunch served in the ruined “honeymoon suite” where the maharaja would entertain his wive(s) and invite friends and family to use it for trysts. This spot overlooks the prettiest parts of Ranthambhore Park and guests often spot tigers
Originally Posted by latinrusso
Chatri special dinner which proved to be an experience in more ways than one: due to the fact that it was VERY windy on that day, we were asked to start our dinner on the side of the Chatri (a small domed pavilion of which there are plenty sprinkled around the region to accommodate the various royals during their travels) right by the “kitchen” where our food was prepared. When the wind calmed down, our table was moved back to the Chatri. While this was a bit of an inconvenience, it was done with such a charm, great service, and provided us with even more a memorable experience (the waiter at that dinner was most gracious and accommodating).
chatri dinner is finally back.. previously >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post16232971
(discussion runs through post 24)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm