FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:47 am
craz
Suspended

Update

went last night to the ES Parsippany,NJ as I did last week. walked in and handed over my CC and Diamond card. The girl looks up my res and asks me for my MVP card.I informed her there is no such creature, she insists there is and begins like she did last week with "I can offer you..." ( a much higher rate was gonna be mentioned). So I raised my voice a bit and said you Fooled me once you arent gonna do it again, and proceeded to take my res out of my bag along with a printout of the "Rate details' placed them on the counter and said , I take it you know how to read English, so please show me where does it say I need to present a MVP card which doesnt exist. She didnt like what she was faced with and I started to let her know I was annoyed and my voice was statring to get louder but far from screaming or yelling.

She then said you need to speak to the mgr, and she darts behind a door and it seems simply tells him to handle this. He came out and started speaking to her not realizing she stayed behind and didnt follow him out.

I simply expalined that I was being asked for something that doesnt exist and showed him the Rate Details printout and mentioned how I didnt like the Buy Up Offer when I followed everything as per the Hotels Details. He said well I hear you and for 1 reason or another our computer has a Pop-Up that tells us to ask for the MVP card (since I didnt see the computer I dont know if in fact that is what happened or not). But he said I will honor everything you have, he then asks if I still wanted a smoking room and I answered it doesnt matter to me just as long as the rate is what is printed on my confirmation (a non-smoking room was 2x the rate and I didnt want any surprises when I saw the bill in the morning).

And so I was given a smoking room that was at the far end of the floor and facing the Hway, the place was far from soldout and very few rooms that I passed had a DND sign on them at any time while I was there, but I didnt see the need to take it any further

It was nice having a hot tub thats open to Midnight and was above 92 degress (it was set on 102) with its jets working. Lately either the water isnt hot or if it is the jets arent working or at 3 Hotels in the past couple of weeks they simply had it O/O/O