FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - R / PZ Avail changes depending on how you search flights
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:19 am
travel.flier
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I've been wait listed for using GPU to fly SIN-NRT-SEA 23 MAR. Looks bleak (which surprised me, never NEVER had trouble on NRT-SEA). Decided to check other routings. Looked at SIN-NRT-SFO-SEA. No R or RN space. Then:

Dropped SIN-NRT, and just searched NRT-SFO-SEA. All of a sudden moves to R/RN 5 for both NRT-SFO, and SFO-SEA. Shows on both UA.com and EF. Again, as posted in previous thread, Fare class availability is exactly the same for the NRT-SFO, and the SFO-SEA flights. Looks at each flight individually, and the NRT-SFO flight is sold out in business! The SFO-SEA is F8 and R/RN5.

Can anyone explain why? I'm so confused. There really can't be R5 on the NRT-SFO if it is sold-out. Again, why are the fare classes all the same across all the fights? It seems as if the NRT-SFO is only showing R5 b/c the SFO-SEA flight it Will a GPU not clear if ALL flights wait listed for the one GPU don't show at least R1?

DL or AA keep looking better and better
This is different than what every reply in the thread is talking about so call me confused.

I get all the responses in the thread that say you have to check individually, otherwise, if one segment is r0, then all segments show r0.

however, in this case you say NRT-SFO is r0 but NRT-SFO-SEA is r5
Now that doesn't make any sort of sense at all???????

That would imply if you book the whole thing through you can upgrade, but if you just book nrt-sfo you cannot???