FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bali driver / car service recommendations
Old Mar 18, 12, 7:09 am
jefftiger

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select, CAM Card
We just spent a week in Bali, staying at the Conrad (I'll submit a review in the relevant thread in the next day). I wanted to update this thread with our excellent experience with Dewa Marco of DM&Co. We booked two days with Marco by internet prior to arrival. He suggested that we just select some things that we wished to do and that he'd organize them into a two-day itinerary. Based on our reading of the Rough Guide and Lonely Planet Bali guides, we gave him some ideas. He came back with an itinerary which looked good.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our two days with Marco. He's a personable guy, has excellent English, and was fun to talk with. We talked about all manner of things: Indonesian economics, politics, family life, Bali history. On day 1, we did an elephant ride (my wife always wanted to do it) which was fun, visited the Monkey temple at Ubud, and walked around central Ubud. Day two was similarly fun with volcano viewing, temples, and a fascinating waterfall (accessed through a residential neighborhood). Marco really worked with us and was accomodating with our pace and, occasionally, our lack of energy.

We'd wholeheartedly recommend Marco for touring around Bali. Getting out of the somewhat artificial environment of the western hotel chains in Nusa Dua gave us an opportunity to see a lot more of the island.