FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Cappuccino? W Leicester Square or Le Meridien Picadilly
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:30 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Hi,

I recently stayed at the Le Meridien in Cyprus and racked up a nice 9987 starpoints courtesy of a complementary gold card from Amex, triple starpoints promo and 250 points gold amenity, sweet!

However I want to transfer the points to my BA (Avios) account and noticed that I can only transfer 5,000 points at a time, not so sweet, as I am 13 points short of 10,000, Grrrrr!

I have an opportunity to earn some starpoints this evening as I will be meeting some friends for a drink and meal in the Leicester Square area of London and thought I could stop in to one of the hotels mentioned above in order to grab the 13 points I need to make 10,000 on my way home.

Which one does the best cappuccinos please?

I will also need parking for the evening and noticed that the W offers Valet parking. Would they take my car if I'm going somewhere else and can I get starpoints for that too?

Any idea what the costs are for the parking?

Parking in the local (urine stinking) NCP will be £25-30, unless it has gone up significantly since the last time I parked there, the W couldn't be that much more could it? Even if they use the NCP anyway at least it'll be parked for me and I won't have to savour the aroma of the NCP
Le Meridien doesn't seem to offer parking at all from what I can see on their website.
I can't speak to your real question, but parking does not normally earn Starpoints and I believe there is a $10 USD minimum for earning points on food and beverage while not a guest. Easiest thing for me in getting F&B points is emailing a camera-phone pic of the receipt to [email protected], points have credited same or next day.