FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - R / PZ Avail changes depending on how you search flights
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:55 am
Penguinmoon

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
R / PZ Avail changes depending on how you search flights

I've been wait listed for using GPU to fly SIN-NRT-SEA 23 MAR. Looks bleak (which surprised me, never NEVER had trouble on NRT-SEA). Decided to check other routings. Looked at SIN-NRT-SFO-SEA. No R or RN space. Then:

Dropped SIN-NRT, and just searched NRT-SFO-SEA. All of a sudden moves to R/RN 5 for both NRT-SFO, and SFO-SEA. Shows on both UA.com and EF. Again, as posted in previous thread, Fare class availability is exactly the same for the NRT-SFO, and the SFO-SEA flights. Looks at each flight individually, and the NRT-SFO flight is sold out in business! The SFO-SEA is F8 and R/RN5.

Can anyone explain why? I'm so confused. There really can't be R5 on the NRT-SFO if it is sold-out. Again, why are the fare classes all the same across all the fights? It seems as if the NRT-SFO is only showing R5 b/c the SFO-SEA flight it Will a GPU not clear if ALL flights wait listed for the one GPU don't show at least R1?

DL or AA keep looking better and better