FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:11 am
dodger 1k

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
We stayed there last week and the breakfast is fantastic! Upgraded to what they called a St. Regis Suite, which was more like a Junior Suite with the Bedroom and Living Room in one large room with a nice ocean view. Bathroom and shower are huge. I also liked how seemingly all of the public areas in the hotel had great sight lines of the beach.

The Thai restaurant was very good as well, adjacent to the beach with nice views. My only gripe was Butler service only does complimentary coffee/tea at wake up and there is no self serve coffee/tea in the room. Thus, must pay for room service any other time of day.

Now as a new property they are still going through some growing pains, internet problems and the like. But they worked hard to solve any problems immediately and even took the time to network a router in my room to improve the wireless reception.

The spa is expensive of course, but very luxurious with a great staff and fantastic locker rooms with jacuzzi, steam, sauna, etc.