FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attention! You consumed minibar 'ABOVE AVERAGE'!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:26 am
holtju2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by scienm
I stayed IC Shanghai EXPO last week and I've got an email from Ambassador Services today.

'the hotel has notified us that there was an above average consumption from the mini-bar during your stay, and we would like to bring this to your attention. The mini bar privilege is meant for your personal consumption in your guest room and only during your stay, it is not to be used for entertainment purposes.'

I stayed 2 nights with my friend(me and 1 person) and I consumed 2 champaign, 1 red wine, 2 beer, Whiskys, Some sodas for my entire stay. I consumed within the limit of standard minibar.
It was my personal consumption, in my guest room and only during my stay of course.
IMHO this is ridiculous. How do they define "above average consumption"? An average consumption is probably really low (non-RA), but I am sure that there are more than few of us (RA's) that can be at times "thirsty".

I would quite frankly wrote back and tell that the email that you received was inappropriate.