FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [award to Asia] "Try and call back tomorrow to see if seats have opened up."
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:45 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midtownj
I have to call since its a trip to Asia (Cathay/Japan Air) so the site won't let me book...

thanks for the tip on expertflyer.. I'm looking to book with my miles (not $$$) so hopefully they have that option on their site, since I know seats reserved for miles are much less.
Just sign yourself up a JAL frequent flyer account and use its award booking engine to search for your seats.

For CX inventory, JL website is the most reliable source - it matches 100% with AA's.

For JL inventory, I believe some new government rules have made the award seats now are not bookable further than 6 months out. I dont remember whether it is for all JL award seats.

In any case, you can sign up a BA FF membership and use BA award booking engine to search for the availability - this would be more reliable than use JL's own because JL's may make more awards available for its own members while what BA sees should match with what AA sees.