FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Changes Allowed
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:43 pm
flyer215

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by Trustee
flyer 215 - thank you for your comment.

I have so far spoken to two agents and one supervisor (and I have spent 2 hours on the telephone mostly on hold) and all three agents told me that the international portions of my ticket cannot be changed!
Bizarre. If you speak to one again, I would ask them why that is the case, given that the fare rules allow for changes with a 120 GBP fee. (Is it possible they think you are requesting a change for free, i.e. without any "change fee"? I'd lead off the conversation saying "I have a previous itinerary booked with a fare that allows for changes with a 120 GBP fee, and I need to go ahead and make some changes.")

And if they come up with something credible as to why that won't work (tho I cannot imagine what that might be), it does still seem that you can cancel, and use full value - 120 GBP to book a new ticket, which would amount to the same thing.

Can you share some more specific routing and date (old and desired new) information with us? I did see some blackout dates on that fare, IIRC, so if your new dates fell into that, maybe that could block a change? (and thus you might have to go the cancel & rebook route)

Last edited by flyer215; Mar 16, 2012 at 12:51 pm