FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards 2012 Hotel Category Changes
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:49 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by maggiew
This is NOT true! I have a reservation at the Ko Olina Beach Club that I made a long time ago. And when I went in and looked at the reservation today, it has been changed to show the new category thus needing more points.

The only thing I can think of is that I didn't actually "buy" the certs yet with the points since I didn't have enough points yet for the whole reservation.

This sucks because now I won't have enough points before the trip and we just bought our airline tickets. I am going to have to switch to the Marriott Waikiki for the whole trip. :-(

And the Cat 4 certs I was planning on using at the CY Waikiki from a megabonus promo that I will get from a trip next week are useless.

Maggie
Maggie,

It actually is true, let me explain what happens - the hotel pulls the correct number of points based upon their category on they date you check-in, Marriott Rewards will add the difference in point value to your acccount so the actual number of points you spent are based upon the hotels category on date of reservation

Hope this helps clear things up

Soc