FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Animals are Staying!!!!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:46 pm
Stumblefoot

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by knope2001
Just about nobody is going to seek out Frontier specifically because of the critters.
Don't dispute what you said Knope. But, in my case, those critters WERE the primary introduction to the brand that has resulted in a very long and loyal relationship over the years. But, I agree with you and I imagine I'm the exception. Here's my story.

Several years ago, I was a 1K flyer on United and had been for a few years. As my daughter became of school age, we planned a trip to Walt Disney World. One of her questions was could we ride on the plane with the animals? Imagine that! She couldn't care less that I could fly us first class for free to Orlando. She wanted the airline with the cool animals. And, since this trip was all about her, you bet we flew Frontier.

At that time, I had grown rather tired of United's maintenance and flight crew's surly antics and what seemed to be the constant slow down in work flows. The experience we had on Frontier was a genuine pleasure. So much so, that I began to fly them on other occasions to see if it was just an Orlando anomaly. To my surprise, it wasn't. So, after several years of United flying, I became a Frontier convert.

The moral of the story? Don't discount what those silly animals may mean to brand equity.