FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the best way UA has tortured you with their buy-up program?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:13 am
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Issue

My issue isn't with UA's inability to get the CPU system working right, my current issue is UA's inability to honor an upgrade for which it's already received some compensation for. If you redeem miles for an F award, they take those miles, but only give you a Y seat unless you pay additional cash at check-in for the F seat you bought in the first place, that's a problem. Or if you redeem a Regional Upgrade only to sit in coach even though there's an empty F seat, that should be refunded too. As it stands now, if you get just 1 segment in say a 3-4 segment journey in the cabin you've paid for, even if you didn't for the other 2-3, UA says you get what you paid for.

If I go into a clothing store and buy a 2-piece suit, but at check-out they offer to sell me the jacket with the 2-piece suit for $69, the cashier would probably get laughed at. If UA was running a clothing store, not only would you just get the pants, but they'd sell your jacket to the next customer in line for $69. I think it's time for me to check out a new clothing store...