FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Occupying Seats for Friends - Worse for Long Haul? Solution?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:23 am
GVretiredguy

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
What if on the other hand they really are saving it for a friend / family?

I do 90% business travel, but 10% of my travel is with my family. I would want them to sit with me, and you wouldn't enjoy sitting next to me by making my wife / kids sit else where.

As long as the plane's not full, who cares? Move on to another aisle / window seat of your desire.
If a person has a friend and they want to sit together, board together using the highest boarding number or shell out the $10.

If you and your family want to sit together, pay $10 for EBCI for each one. If you are too cheap to do that, you can all board together with the person who has the highest boarding number. Your attitiude is exactly what I am talking about. It is OK for everyone else to move to another seat to accomodate your family, but you do not recognize the fact that they paid to have a choice of seats ahead of you. Why wouldn't I want to sit next to you? We would have time to discuss the fact that you are too cheap to pay so that you and your family can sit together, the fact that you feel you are worthy of being an exception to the rule, and that everyone else should acquiesce to your wishes because you are with your family. A wonderful way to spend a few hours on a plane.