FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the best way UA has tortured you with their buy-up program?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:22 pm
J.Edward

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Thoughts??
First off that experience stinks, if that had been me, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Secondly I think UA needs to seriously reconsider their shortsighted unique posture on handling CPU upgrades.

Specifically UA needs to stop marketing instant upgrades/buy-ups/whatever for tens-of-dollars as the existing program(s)that facilitate these are clearly not working as intended.

Moreover, UA needs to stop marketing these as ways to cut the line for elites as all that will do is antagonize all the elites who did not get the upgrade(s) and severely undermine an elites confidence in a "cornerstone" benefit. Elites currently have (or at least had) the option to buy HUPs, QUPs, etc. with UA in addition to being able to upgrading instantly at the time of ticketing for a flat fee based upon the sector length -- these worked fine and IMHO a far better way to monitize upgrades.

(Also as an aside, since people want to pay $69 to upgrade they should still offer a product for them -- maybe like an economy plus bundle including free DTV and a meal credit or something, but that's for another thread.)

$.02