FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:17 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
I am trying to decide the most valuable way to take advantage of this offer - or not.

I have 70,000 Marriott points, which would become 37,500 US Airways miles, which is good for what, one roundtrip flight?

Or I could keep saving them, try to get to 135,000 points, and redeem them for $1000 of Marriott cheques.. I am over halfway there with 70K points, so they're worth over $500 as they sit here.

So.. would I get more than $500 out of them if they were to become 37,500 US Airways miles?

Hmm...

thoughts appreciated, since I'm admittedly rather new to "this" despite reading for a year or more, off and on, here.

(edit - my own thoughts on using SPG points for this offer - SPG points are WAY more valuable as they sit. My husband had 13,000 SPG points and we just booked two suites for four nights each in Florida for the cash + points cost of $266 total plus 12,800 points. We paid over $2K last year, cash, for the same exact rooms for the same exact time!)