FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest way to get from Amsterdam - Cologne - Brussels?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:35 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Roberts1987
I believe E29 is the cheapast it ever gets on the Amsterdam-Cologne route (non-stop ICE), the minimal price E29. If the price gets higher it means that fare has been sold out. The cheapast available fare for Cologne-Brussels (non-stop Thalys) is E25.

Right I'm not seeing any E29 fares for April 6th anymore (E34) to get to Cologne, but I still see some E25 for trains from Cologne to Brussels.

Conclusion: E34 is the minimum price you'll have to pay to get to Cologne, it's not gonna get any cheaper. Same goes for the Thalys to Brussels. My suggestion would be to book asap, as the price does tend to go up. Book the ICE on the Bahn.de site, and the Thalys on Thalys.com
Thanks for the information. 34 Euros is fine and it's my fault for not booking earlier.

One other questions. Once I get to Cologne and I want to go to Brugges, will I need to book two fares to go from Cologne to Brussels and then Brussels to Bruges or I can book one fare going from Cologne to Bruges? What's the cheapest way to do this? Will I be using Thalys or Belgium's train system? Sorry, this is all very confusing to me.

Man, I thought Bahn.de's website was bad. Thalys takes it to the next level. These European agenices need to work on their web design. It's just awful.

Last edited by lsquare; Mar 12, 2012 at 2:47 am