FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Select Seating
Thread: Select Seating
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:55 am
MikeFromMKE

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Originally Posted by knope2001
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's hard on the eyes. And I'm totally with you that Select looks better than Stretch in terms of the color / symbol / visual weight.
I'm with you there. You'd think they could have just added a few colors to the full filled seats they had before. Now it looks like someone photoshopped symbols into the seat outlines (like they couldn't find the original artwork and went off a screenshot).

Originally Posted by knope2001
That's a really good question. We've heard another row is coming to the A320, and likely to the A319 after that. Without any added space, the upgrade fee of $5 seems about right in my book because sitting closer to the front and boarding earlier isn't all that valuable. Or course Southwest charges $10 to get in an early boarding group, yes? If so, $5 is a bargain.
I like this new seating area. They are opening opportunities for extra revenue that doesn't offset benefits that anyone else had before, which is win win to me. Like the pancakes, I like them adding features to gain extra revenue versus taking away features that were previously "free".

I could see them taking an inch from STRETCH and giving some extra pitch to SELECT. I love STRETCH but I doubt I'd miss an extra inch. Maybe they increase the benefits of STRETCH and make it more like Airtran's business class, and then make SELECT the new STRETCH.