FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Select Seating
Thread: Select Seating
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:26 am
knope2001

Originally Posted by iansltx
I agree that the new seat selection UI isn't pretty. Wish they would run things through a design team before rolling them out, because the color scheme is a step backward from what they had before.

Heck, they could've redone the color scheme slightly and colored occupied seats the shade of blue they used before, economy the shade of blue they used before, SELECT a shade of green and STRETCH a golden hue. Nice and readable and i wouldn't look half bad either.

Besides, right now on first glance (since there are stars on SELECT and pluses on STRETCH) you'd think that SELECT might even be superior to STRETCH, when in fact it isn't.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's hard on the eyes. And I'm totally with you that Select looks better than Stretch in terms of the color / symbol / visual weight.

Originally Posted by iansltx
One big question I have is whether seat pitch behind SELECT will be tightened to increase passenger revenues...and increase the value of SELECT. It would be mildly entertaining to have a three-class all-economy layout in F9 birds (though they'd have to tighten pitch significantly to add another row without impacting seats closer to the front).
That's a really good question. We've heard another row is coming to the A320, and likely to the A319 after that. Without any added space, the upgrade fee of $5 seems about right in my book because sitting closer to the front and boarding earlier isn't all that valuable. Or course Southwest charges $10 to get in an early boarding group, yes? If so, $5 is a bargain.