FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Why is this fare so expensive?" Thread [Archive]
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:53 am
HSmartt

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Silver
Fares went up today?

I have been using ita matrix to look for fares to "anywhere" (really about 20 different cities) for the last couple of weeks, and today all of those cities seem to have gone up at least $100. During my search today, I couldn't find many of the flights shown on ita matrix at all - sometimes they would appear on ual, then disappear the next time I searched. In fact, once I did this and the same flights increased in price by $60 just by a new search! I am not sure if this is simply due to the day of the (searching Friday/weekend) or just a strange glitch in the united search engine? Surely there is not that much fluctuation that flights disappear this quickly or are repriced this quickly. And why aren't they showing all possible flights? I'm finding this frustrating - anyone know of a setting in profile that makes it so more flights appear? While I like the new feature showing fare bucket, I miss having more flights appear.