FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia lounges and access general information thread
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:36 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As TBS says, you will need to use the Admirals Club in ORD; the very convenient Flagship Lounge is only for Emeralds and those departing in First (IB doesn't offer First anymore, of course). You will have to build in some time for the walk out to the pier end to catch your Iberia flight.

Try this thread to see what is on offer at the Iberia Business lounges (Dalí or Goya I think for you outbound to Málaga, Velázquez on the return). The thread is linked to in the first post in this thread, as well; both lounges are very nice.

(You may have to proceed through immigration on arrival at T4-S, go to the subground level to take the train to Terminal 4 before you are allowed lounge access outbound, unless your flight departs from the domestic area in T4-S - check the monitors, in which case you still process immigration but no train for you, Goya instead of Dalí in T4.)

Originally Posted by jimcoddington
My wife and I will be flying business class from from Chicago O'Hare to Madrid, two hour layover in MAD, then on to Malaga.

I am AA Platinum (OneWorld Sappire).

Here are my questions:
1. When at O'Hare, will I be able to use American Airlines Flagship lounge in the K terminal? The flight from ORD to MAD departs out of K19, and the AA Flagship lounge is right there?
2. Is there a business only Iberia lounge in MAD? Does this lounge have any addtional perks? How will I know if my flight will arrives into the terminal that has the business class lounge?

Thank you for your help and time.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm