FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Parking Rates at BOS
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:10 pm
TheBOSman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Sounds like we're in the same neck of the woods, I take 225 to 95 then 93 to get to BOS, so I drive right by the entrance to BED on 225. Alewife isn't completely out of the question, but it is 30-40 minutes from home while I can be parked at BOS in 35-50 minutes. Alewife also wouldn't suit all my needs since they forbid parking for more than a week.

BED has the facilities to handle mainline flights (it's bigger than BDL or PVD) and I believe there is enough of a market to support one or two flights a day to ORD, ATL, MIA, MCO, DFW and even LAX. I think the mood in the local towns may be shifting away from the opposition to prior service. I know a number of significant local figures also hold hard earned elite status and must be sick of getting to/from BOS.

I've seen that option at airport hotels in other parts of the country, but I'm not all that familiar with BOS area hotels, what local hotels are good for park and fly? (My brand preferences currently go MR>CC>PC>anything else.)
Yeah, I'm a little more north and east, right off 495. I'm usually 3 to 95/128 to 93 to Logan. I'm liking the option robertwcook16 posted, Station Landing is a fairly secure area to me and isn't too far off 93. $22 less per day, minor plus of $3.40 RT for the subway/bus. Probably going to use that for my trip to Korea in May now. The only negative is the Orange Line, easily the least desirable of the four Boston subway lines. Never, ever smells good, so my Amex Plat AC access is really going to pay for itself in a warm shower. To me, either I pay to park at the B garage or I go for the cheapest possible. If I'm willing to take one bus ride to save a few $, I'll take several to save more if needed.

I'm using the South Boston CY Marriott in a couple of weeks, though I would call it as being in Dorchester myself. It is at South Bay off the Southeast Expressway. It had the best Park/Fly rate that I saw, the non-Marriotts (Hyatt/Hilton at the airport etc.) all had the extra Park/Fly charge over a normal room almost equal to just parking at the garages, and shorter allowed time. Doesn't seem to be an awful neighborhood (not the bad/worse parts of Dorchester). We shall see, I used the park/fly at the on airport Newark Marriott in January and that worked perfectly fine.

But I think we would need AA to rediscover MHT/PVD well before BED could be anything though! I could see DL starting there though eventually.