FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Parking Rates at BOS
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:46 am
Ambraciot

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
W/O being too specific, how would BED being a good option not allow you to stop at Alewife? Alewife is $7 a night, though I have heard a handful of stories about breakins and whatnot, nothing outrageous or even bad really, but not totally unheard of. I'd personally love anything out of BED if it could remotely work, would be awesome for me as I'm maybe 15 minutes away, as opposed to 35-45 from Logan.
Sounds like we're in the same neck of the woods, I take 225 to 95 then 93 to get to BOS, so I drive right by the entrance to BED on 225. Alewife isn't completely out of the question, but it is 30-40 minutes from home while I can be parked at BOS in 35-50 minutes. Alewife also wouldn't suit all my needs since they forbid parking for more than a week.

BED has the facilities to handle mainline flights (it's bigger than BDL or PVD) and I believe there is enough of a market to support one or two flights a day to ORD, ATL, MIA, MCO, DFW and even LAX. I think the mood in the local towns may be shifting away from the opposition to prior service. I know a number of significant local figures also hold hard earned elite status and must be sick of getting to/from BOS.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
...my next two trips are long trips that I will not be in the garage paying those rates for, likely to be hotel park and fly parking jobs.
I've seen that option at airport hotels in other parts of the country, but I'm not all that familiar with BOS area hotels, what local hotels are good for park and fly? (My brand preferences currently go MR>CC>PC>anything else.)