FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:40 am
HadesNL

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thumbs up

I have to admit the seat itself looks nice and now that it can be turned to a real flat surface to sleep on that's at least a major +. At least no more slides which make me dread overnight flights. I love 1-2-1 spacing but I understand that is not a reality with LH, there must be some difference between business and first. overall for individual travels I think the middle pair seats would be ok. But i see that there is some space between the seats when fully reclined which would make it possible to get over your seatmate if you are stuck in the window seat.

What most people find weird is the close proximity of your neighbours feet. I must admit it does look a bit too close for unwanted intimacy but as we have not seen the seat installed yet or have experienced it yet in person it could be less worrysome then expected.

What surprises me the most that is no place to but any personal items within reach just like UA C. I'm missing a place to put a spectacle case, book/ticketwallet or for the ladies their beauty items. I see a space under the footrest but I guess this will be a no stowage area so everything must be put in the overhead bin.

Well I'm looking forward which of you lucky guys can make the first FT tried and tested of the new seat.

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 8, 2012 at 10:57 am