FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:00 pm
camargo

Touching on a few points in this thread: I signed up for My points almost 6 Years ago and NEVER recieved the UA Bonus Points yhat were used to draw me in. So, good luck. I would have walked but by that time I was to invested in the program with having earned points with their other earning activities. Over the years I gotten 4-6 Macy's $100.00 Gift Certs as well as about 25,000UA miles.

I worked for Marriott for a number of years at one of their Timeshare prperties. We used to give United miles as an enticement for people to tour the property and attend a sales presentation. We used to buy the miles from United for $.01 each so, because of that experience I tend to value the ponts at the same level.

My 'bone of contention' with My Points rightnow is their 'service' department. On 2/22 I ordered a $50.00 Outback Gift Card for the face Value of the card and was to get 300 points for doing so. When I filled out the purchase form and attempted to use a CC the form wanted to where the CC statement was sent. I filled in the name and address but I neglected to 'click' the box below that says, 'My shipping addres is the same as my billing address'. When I realized this I e-mailed My points with the problem and asked them to let the vendor know of the problem. The reply I recieved from My Points was that I should be assured that I will recieve my 300 points and that I should let the vendor know if the points don't post. I wasn't as concerned about the points as having the gift card shipped some where else than to me.

A few weeks ago I ordered the Panera Bread Gift Card on a similar deal and and remembered to check off the the shipping box. I recieved the Panera Card wihin about a week or ten days. In my reply from My points re: the Outback card to said to contact the vendor but there was no info on who the vender was. However,
when I recieved the Panera card there was a letter that said: My Points Redemption Center, c/o loyalty Innovations, 120 South 72ndST., Suite 310, Omaha NE, 68124. Two questions: 1.) Does anyone think the vender is 'Loyal Innovations'? 2.) does anyone have a phone # for my Points?

Thanks in advance for any possible help.

BTW, the 300 points posted within a few days of recieving the Panera GC. So, at least that one went smoothly.

Last edited by camargo; Mar 7, 2012 at 11:10 pm