FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar confirms 787 launch on LHR route; hints at new business class
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:38 pm
lightyear40

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Sorry for repeating in another thread, but admin just need to join both threads together.

I much prefer the ANA Y seat, the fact that the person in front cannot recline into you is a winner. Also prefer their 2-4-2 layout over the QR 3-3-3 layout. The Qatar 787 cabin is only 20cm's wider than the A330 and by fitting in an extra seat this is going to be tight.

In relation to the window being partially covered in business class i am pretty sure this is just an extra screen that you can pull up if you wish. If you look at the mock up in Berlin the plastic is shaped to take into account of the window. Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that the cover is only an extra to allow you to pull it up whilst using your laptop. I am sure this picture was taken in the hanger and is the way the unit is assembled before people start playing around with the gadgets on board.

Another concern is will the 777 now be revamped with these new economy seats that will then allow for 10 abreast. I think they may decide to move in this direction especially on the so called tourist routes.

Last edited by lightyear40; Mar 7, 2012 at 4:57 pm