FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - German Beer Festivals 2012
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:29 pm
RodHariga

This is excellent news... I have arranged a trip to see two football games in April (Furth - St Pauli and Ingolstadt - Karlsruche). We are staying in Bamberg (for the rauchbier) but now we have a beer festival in Nuremberg too. Thank you for the information.

Originally Posted by etch5895
Since several threads annually seem to revolve around Oktoberfest in Munich, I thought it might be a good idea to offer some alternatives for people who might be travelling to Europe at a different time, or those who want to avoid Oktoberfest but still enjoy a more traditional German fest.

2. Nuremberg has two smaller, excellent fests during the year, the Frühlingsfest in Spring and the Herbstvolksfest in the Fall. The spring fest runs from 7-22 April 2012 and it is located on the festgrounds near the Doku-Zentrum accessible by bus or streetcar from the Hauptbahnhof. There are two beer tents and many small restaurants on the fest grounds. The main beer tent serves Tucher beer at roughly 8 Euro / mass. I prefer these two fests to Oktoberfest as they are nowhere near as crowded, and I think the atmosphere is a little nicer. Link: http://www.volksfest-nuernberg.de/

I’ll post some more links and ideas as they come up if this thread generates any interest, but this should get you started. Prost!