FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:45 pm
ANC RED-EYE
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by DCA-SEA
Has anyone ever noticed a difference (either way) in UG's on DL if they OLCI at T-24 vs. later vs. check in at airport?

Upthread, posters have discussed that they seem to get UG'd at the gate if at all, recently.

My flight is tomorrow evening SEA-SLC - we're at T-28.5 and two F seats still show unassigned (for what the seat map is worth).
I have only ever been upgraded at the gate, even on flights with very few elites and F essentially empty (which went out with empty F seats).

When you check in, you will have the option to look at the upgrade list. It will say something like: "you are #x of #y on the upgrade list for #z open first class seats". I love that it appears to be completely transparent. Keep in mind, however, that there is no urgency/motivation to do OLCI at T-24 hours on DL as there is on AS; therefore, I've noticed that the upgrade list changes drastically by the time of arrival at the airport generally. You can always log into your reservation later in the day and review any changes in the upgrade list.