FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:43 pm
meballard

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DCA-SEA
Has anyone ever noticed a difference (either way) in UG's on DL if they OLCI at T-24 vs. later vs. check in at airport?
I don't believe it makes a difference, as long as you are checked in before gate upgrades are processed. The main advantage to checking in online (other than getting your boarding pass) is that you can view the upgrade list, just note that it shows shows the upgrade list of people who have already checked it, but it can be useful in knowing more about the possibility.
Upthread, posters have discussed that they seem to get UG'd at the gate if at all, recently.
It's always been that way, AFAIK (I've certainly never seen otherwise).
My flight is tomorrow evening SEA-SLC - we're at T-28.5 and two F seats still show unassigned (for what the seat map is worth).
FYI, I checked Expert Flyer, and it is indeed F2, but A0 (Delta's upgrade class), which means that as of now, all complimentary upgrades have been given out. They will release them at some point (often not until the gate) if they are still unoccupied, but being that it is already at A0, there are likely Delta elites who haven't gotten an upgrade yet.