FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A tricky miles puzzle - need help solving!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:29 pm
sargenet

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Go with Alaska...

I would also recommend getting 2 Alaska cards...pay for one first class and get second for $99. Especially if you are set on First Class...

Or use your AA miles to get a ticket on Alaska Airlines. We just did this flying from San Jose to Kona. I only had enough miles for 2 tickets from my Alaska sign up bonus...and had enough AA to get the third.

One last thing to consider. We have been going to Hawaii with our son (8) for the last few years. First we flew coach (purchased tickets) and then last year we decided to use our points for first class. We decided to fly over using points for first class tickets...but on the way back decided to fly coach just to save enough miles for another trip!

This year we are going back again to Hawaii. And I decided to not use my miles for first class this time. Yes, it was nice to have a little more room, but I realized if I just saved those miles I would have them for another trip!