FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:43 am
MarkedMan

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by goalie
My cell and it is listed as my primary number (and was under my PMUA MP profile as well). Still
I realize ... I figure this is going to be low on the list right now. I'm not going to stress over this particular issue.

If I were in their shoes top priorities right now would be

1) making sure reservations are behaving (duplications, seat assignments and other oddities on direct flights, inability to synch etc etc) because this affects us all directly as to getting on a plane
2) proper recognition of flyer credentials - GS and 1K not being properly accounted for is grim
3) proper crediting of miles and eqm - who would want to go and have to figure it out and clean it up after the fact???
4) what's going on with the upgrade systems - pissing too many people off

That's going to keep them all busy for a while. I've found three issues that are pretty minor so far:

- the award activity is being sorted by month instead of year/month, meaning 12/11 activity shows up before 3/12
- every time I am logging in now my username is cleared out and I am asked to re-enter it; it started last night, so clearly some new code was pushed into the system to fix something and it broke this
- multiple destination itins are having a hard time picking up *A inventory, and even UA codeshare inventory, when the itin contains a city pair that is not served by any UA flight. Example, if I do SFO-LHR, then two days later LHR-PRG, say, the LHR-PRG options are sparse indeed, a couple of choices, both UA codeshares, neither of them with LH. This is something I do very frequently, and there should be loads of LH flights through FRA and MUC. Already reported I believe. I am not checking for UA only flights of course.

Each of these is a little more inconvenient than the previous one, but none are deal breakers. I am pretty sure folks in UA understand how critical it is that they address the major issues, and many of the smaller ones too, given how this reflects on the company as a whole.

The only thing I would say is that when you make decisions on technology that are not driven by the relative quality of the technology itself, nor by the relative impact of the decision, you will deflate your tech team at best (and, at worst, the better folks will leave). I'm not saying other reasons for making these decisions aren't valid, but you will pay a price for it; seen it many times. I hope it's been accounted for, and we don't find ourselves in a scenario of "things worse than expected" and the company finding itself in an unexpected hole as a result.