FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:58 am
forextrader

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
I have been using Serve since July 2011 - using either Chase or Citi cards, funding of Serve account always treated as Purchase and respective points earned on the funding credit card.

Each month I also make a withdrawal from Serve to a Citi checking account which requires one time a month Direct Deposit. No problems - until today !!

I requested a withdrawal on March 5 - all appeared OK.

Today I received the following email from Serve:

Dear Serve Customer

We have permanently closed your Serve account due to violation of Section 11 in the Serve User Agreement (http://www.serve.com/legal.html#eligibility):

11. Restricted Activities and Required Licenses.

a. Restricted Activities.

.... you agree that you will not and you will have any Authorized User agree that such Authorized User will not:

I wont list all the points - but the following were highlighted in RED:

(8) Provide yourself or Authorized Users a cash advance from your credit card;

(14) Use your Account, Sub-Account, the Service or a Serve Sales Widget in a manner that we believe may be a violation of any applicable electronic payment network rules, card association or network rules, National Automated Clearinghouse Association rules or Applicable Law;

A quick search on Fat Wallet also shows several posters in the past 2 weeks having their Serve accounts closed.

Going back through some old emails - it seems on Jan 24th Serve sent an email stating some changes in their T+C. Quite possible that the RED terms above were added then - just speculating.

I'll need to make a call to Serve later today, as there was about $350 in the account - not sure if this will be refunded back to the credit card that originally funded the Serve account - will update accordingly.

UPDATE: Full refund on my credit card account the following day after Serve closed my account - no call required.

Last edited by forextrader; Mar 8, 2012 at 9:52 am