FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OZ Fest 2004
Thread: OZ Fest 2004
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2004, 7:03 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:

I'm kinda considering this.... as there are SFO-SYD saver award tix available on UA (but only in economy ).

Is there a central venue for this (or did I just not read this thread properly)? Any suggestions as to which of the 3 or 4 Starwood hotels in Sydney would be good? I'm considering an award stay. (I would prefer an HHonors hotel, but there are evidently none available at the moment.)

Kathy</font>
Kathy - there are all 4 Starwood brands here - Westin, Sheraton, W and 4 Points.

The 4 Points is THE best for what I know you'll be after. A steal on points stays as it is a low category class. And there seems always a "$$$ and points" deal - about $US30 plus a few 1000 and it is yours. Looks right over Darling Harbour, and THAT is the place for a tourist to be located IMHO.

Other places are all fine too, but a ton more points needed. A LOT of FT'ers have stayed 4 Points and check Starwood Board threads - feedback is good.

Sydney Hilton has been undergoing a total refit in last year or 2, and is due to re-open "about" mid year (coff).

The airport Hilton I did not know was now a Mercure until last week until I went to park my car there.

UA biz class award for 90,000 is THE best value award they have. Go for it!

------------------
Try and make it down to SYD for "OZ FEST 2004" - May 21-23

~ Glen ~ sipping bubbly from UA 747-400 exit row 15A near you SOON!