FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions/Discussion About WiFi Availability on United Flights [Merged]
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:25 am
eastcoastcan

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
This is incredibly frustrating and has me considering the same switch. The thing is: I realize it takes time to outfit a fleet with Wifi, so I have been patient for the last few years. In those few years united has provided zero insight in to their plans however other than to say "we picked a vendor! no wait until we decide to do something". No timelines, no trials, nada. It clearly is not a priority for them in any way.

With E+ and Wifi United could easily become the best "office in the sky" as you would actually have enough room to get some work done.

My colleagues who fly Delta have been enjoying Wifi for years now.

Originally Posted by mcguimp
Is there any information available from United on which routes will be equipped with WiFi, and when? As a 1K who flies from DC to LA 2 to 3 times per month, and I now at a point where I will be walking from United (I have +1M miles) if they do not offer this very basic service. I can no longer chose United and be off-line for 6 hours when a competitor can allow me to be online (at a lower price). I will have to ride coach, but United’s cross continental planes are so old and tired, you are basically riding in coach in their business class anyway.