FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA with Bluetooth Earpiece
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:39 pm
jsl42

Programs: UA GS
FA with Bluetooth Earpiece

Hi there,

I'm a Chicago-based United flyer, but US Airways (and PSA) was the best way to travel to some small places in Alabama and Florida I just visited.

When boarding my first flight home from VPS to CLT last week, the flight attendant was wearing a bluetooth earpiece. I was totally shocked to see that, since I don't ever recall seeing a member of the flight crew on any other airline wearing a cell phone accessory attached to his or her head while on duty. Was he seriously going to place or take a call during boarding? He took it off shortly after the door closed, but still this strikes me as incredibly unprofessional behavior for a representative of the airline.

I've flown intermittently on US Airways over the past several years and have noticed that a lot of the front line employees I've dealt with seem a half a notch or so below most other US carriers in terms of professionalism, presentation, and, to put it bluntly, class. Something frequently seems a little "off" with the people I've come in contact with on US Airways, at least compared to United and Continental (and obviously also the European and Asian Star Alliance carriers), where I do most of my flying.

Is it just me, or has anyone else ever felt similarly?