FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - From here to there and everywhere, 100 hours mostly in the air before I get to my bed
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:40 am
anat0l

Current Location: Arrivals Hall (Landside), Seoul-Incheon Airport, Incheon, South Korea
Current Time: 0550h GMT+9,
61 hours 50 minutes after getting out of bed

I took a breath after finishing my status run and started to figure out what else had to be done. Well, for starters I needed to get my bag back, repack it a little, then get ready for my flights to go home.

I figured that I didn't find time to take photos of Incheon airport (at least landside) the last time I was here, so I'd better get them now. So now, I present to you, faithful readers, Incheon Airport from landside...

Arrivals Level at ICN

Lots of plants and water around here

Some taller shrubbery, very much juxtaposed against the quite business-building like airport

More calming accessorising in the check-in area

Check-in hall at ICN

Shot of the check-in hall from a higher vantage point (the level where I am taking this shot is where all the restaurants are)

ICN check-in hall L for OZ premium classes. Pretty plain; perhaps all the accessories aren't out yet, but that'd be quite unusual.

I returned to the left luggage service and handed in my receipt, which was promptly exchanged for my bag. Found a bench, unzip the bag, repack it a little to get a new set of clothes and change my reading material. My bag is burgeoning with amenity kits...oh well, hope it survives all the way home.

Whilst this is happening, I'm watching a set of desks open up for (if I remember correctly) an Asiana flight. I notice the staff setting up their desks and just as they are about to start, all of the staff in the row of desks stand in front of their counters. A message starts to play over the PA in Korean, and the staff bow just as the message finishes. They then return to their counters and invite people to come forward.

I finish repacking and start moving towards the check-in desks handling my TG flight. The counters are already open and there is a dedicated desk just for Business Class and Star Alliance Gold. Fits both of my bills. TG contract the staff from OZ to handle their check-in, and with an offer of my CheckMyTrip itinerary, the check-in agent hands me two boarding passes for my flights today, a bag tag for my checked bag that will be also enjoying the long journey, and a lounge pass for the Boarding Gate Lounge operated by OZ.

My BPs taking me home, and lounge invitation

Once again, I cleared outbound security at ICN and once again (and for the last time for a while!) passed through immigration. I got four stamps (two inbound and two outbound) from Korean immigration and no one asked a single question. After this, I had the now-familiar task of heading to the Concourse via the rail shuttle.

More ICN airside at the main terminal

ICN airside at the Concourse

The Asiana Boarding Gate Lounge is located near the Cathay Pacific one. It is also likewise signposted once you take the escalators up from the rail shuttle, so finding it was a piece of cake.

The level above the main departures concourse where some lounges are located. There's also some space up here if you want to escape the main hubbub down below.

A large bell as an exhibit in the airport's Korean museum of culture

Entrance to the Asiana Boarding Gate Lounge