FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:19 am
RudderDucky

Programs: TK Elite (*G), BA Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by midnightflight
just to be on the safe side before booking: are there any traps if travelling on a regional instead of the mainline? e.g. ac <-> jazz oder sky regional, or swiss <-> swiss european etc.? it should earn the miles in the class published for the mainline airline according to the earnings table, correct?
I can speak from experience that Jazz operated Air Canada flights do indeed earn miles on A3, as long as it is in a valid booking class. I've had the same experience for flights operated by United Express and US Airways Express. It's all dependent on the booking class.

Originally Posted by pkfk13
Here is my dilemma - until I achieve *G on A3, I will need to use my Aeroplan Elite card for priority boarding, luggage, and lounge access - so I guess that means keep using my AP number on my bookings.....so that's simple enough.

But - what I do not know how to do - is get my flights credited to A3 ?? Will the TA's in the lounge make the change for me ? (and then kick me out of the lounge ?)
I took a trip from the US back to Europe on AC and credited all the miles to my A3 account, which tipped me over the edge to make 20k for A3*G. At check-in, I changed everything to my A3 number and continued to use my UA*G to get waivers on bag fees and lounge access. I accessed the Maple Leaf Lounges in both Montreal and Toronto by having A3*S printed on the boarding pass and showing my UA*G card. Nobody said anything about a different number on my boarding pass as opposed to my *G card. The check-in agent even said to make sure that I hold on to my UA*G card so that I got my lounge benefits, so it seems to me AC has no problems using one number to credit to, and the other to get the benefits from.