FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia - Carryon Luggage Size Limit
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:46 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Because that's allowed. Small rollaboard, as long as its within the limits is no problem, and a computer bag instead of a (ladies) handbag is also clearly allowed according to the rules.

I found Air Asia slightly less strict than for example Tiger with their luggage checks, on the other hand, it's still a bit dependant which agent you get, and also how full the flight is. (That's the same, board a 100% full LH flight, you'll experience super strict agents, board the same flight with 40% load and it's free for all..)
Thanks. I probably will have a laptop/ipad with me, but I usually carry it in a computer backpack (among other things); I guess I could substitute a smaller computer bag, but obviously that limits the amount of stuff I could take. I suppose I could give the backpack to my wife, which she could carry in her hand like a purse.

This is why I hate the low fare airline carry-on jujitzu game.

It does look like I might need an Air Asia flight within Thailand (Chiang Mai to Phuket) where I don't see a good alternative. If so, and if I can't meet the carry-on limit (it will be a 2 week trip, and I'm likely to buy stuff in Thailand), I guess I can always pay for a bag or two, which I don't think is crazy expensive.