FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keeping Capital One cards? [Cancel, Exchange, Retention Offers, all cards]
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:27 pm
eknock007

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by brasov02
I went with the no-fee cash card option. Great thing is the 230,000 reward points I had before in the account instantly turned into a 2,300 total with a dollar sign in front. Didn't lose any value with the downgrade along with the added benefit of not having to worry about charges qualifying as a "travel" item in order to redeem. It's all just cash now that I can use to pay off future charges or I can simply request a check for the entire amount at any time. Nice.
Wow. I may go this route. I have nearly 300K miles (from both the personal and business cards bonuses and other spending). Need to know first if the rumors of another miles promotion happening this year are true. I doubt any of us who participated in this promotion last year will be able to do it again, but I am hoping it happens so that my wife can sign up and then we could combine our miles.