FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar passenger thrown into Qatari jail for complaining about staff noice
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:02 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QatarA340
This article is basically a load of racist crap, pardon my English. I am sick of these articles that will generalize a whole country based on one incident. It makes it sound as if the guy got put in jail for no reason whatsoever!

AND NO, I will not be touched and moved and play the violin by the "immigrant-rights Nepalese, Indian workforce" stuff WHICH is unrelated to this case. Why would he mention it in his article? In order to give Qatar a bad reputation. To give the impression that Qatar jails immigrants for no reason?

Qatar police are professional people and take matters seriously when it comes to the saftey of the passengers on board. When a passenger threatens staff of a plane, the staff will take matters by law and call in reinforcements to help the situation.

I was on a flight to Dubai recently, I am not sure if I was on the same flight as the article, where a European man was shoving cabin crew WOMEN and cursing Qatar and Qatar Airways and threatening to blow up the plane. HE was a bit drunk himself. NOW, how would people feel if I said Europeans are drunken savages which is obviously not true???

Come on guys, there are 2 sides to every story. Qatar Airways pilots take their job very seriously.
Well said.

In my experiences, all employees of Qatar including the pilots take their jobs very seriously. Many are ex-BA by the way- so maybe that is why the bashing in French news JOKING.