FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2003, 6:11 am
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Mine is easy.

As my ozstamps handle suggests I buy and sell rare postage stamps for collectors. Have done so for 20-25 years.

Work from home. No staff or shop etc, which allows for lots of vacation travel at short notice when and where I want. Over three years on FT I have run across quite a lot of FT'ers who have philately as an interest - several of whom were clients of mine from many years back.

I have masterminded easily the world's most jumbled and untidy and completely un-professional website for any business worldwide. It wins numerous awards for crassness and total disorganisation and sheer impossibility to navigate - even after 20 minutes of trying hard.

As the chief designer I am very proud of the garish and amateurish and over-coloured mess. My webmaster outright refuses to put his name on any of the 120 pages as he is so ashamed to be associated with them. Any real business that operated like me would be broke inside a month.

You will NOT seeing jumping dogs, kangaroos and penguins or lurid annoying banners on the Sheraton, United or Hertz websites.

Every pricelist carries this line at base - "Usually allow at LEAST 14 days for order dispatch. If you want same day service PLEASE go elsewhere!" This especially infuriates Americans - no end.

If I ever registered as an Ebay seller I'd be the first person in history to get 500 negative feedback points for slow delivery before I got 100 positives for prompt dispatch. So I never bothered.

www.GlenStephens.com

================================================== ========

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 04-28-2003).]