FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at IAH [ARCHIVE]
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:06 am
SunBurntCountry

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by Delta767
United says I have a 56 minute connection from international to domestic. Can I do it?
Possible? Yes. Probable? Hmmm maybe. It all depends on where you are coming from, which terminal you are connecting to, what time of day you are arriving, and the number of other international flights coming in during the same time.

I have had experience arriving, deplaning, walking to immigration, standing in line, going to passport control and customs all in 20 minutes. I have also gone through that whole process in sometimes an hour or even an hour and a half.

Originally Posted by Delta767
I trust them, but will they hold the plane for me if there is a line at immigration?
You will be rebooked on the next available flight if you do not make your connection. If I were you I will check to see what the other connections are to you final destination and proactively contact UA and see if they can rebook you on that flight.