FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trump Waikiki Vs. Hyatt Regency Waikiki
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:29 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spizzy
Thanks

I understand there is property you can buy yourself and do with as you wish and I agree with your assesment.

I have read differently, and though I would be happy to be proven wrong I personally ain't taking that chance.

Considering that it (JetLuxury) doesnt list the Deluxe OV Studio, and only a Ocean View Studio (Could be Superior or Deluxe as it isnt speicifc) its not an apples to apples comparison. The one-bedroom is even more expensive (as it should be).

For roughly the same time period (in September) it is $1771 w/taxes from JetLuxury vs the $2450 w/tax I got from Hotels.com, vs the $3185 w/tax from Trump Directly. So it is a 28% difference, and not 50% difference *in my case* for what my or may not be the same room.

I am glad you are happy with your decision to go with JetLuxury and hope you post your experiences here post travel.
No problem.. its just I booked an OV One Bedroom Suite for under $1,500 with taxes with Jet Luxury.. so double size of your studio.

With research, I've found out that you would check in, enjoy all of the hotel amenities not noticing the difference. The only difference is that the entire stay is charged to your credit card 3 days prior to arrival. In Hawaii, at most resorts, there is a non refundable deposit required 21 days or 14 days prior to arrival anyways.

Even if the savings is 28% (which is significant as some FTers may find a 5% factor to be huge on a HI trip), if payment policy is a factor.. call up Jet Luxury and negotiate your payment plan. Reviews have been good from what I can see. I understand the apprehension.. sounds too good to be true. But Trump is merely playing the VRBO game, and winning, cause he's filling up his hotels and generating revenue from his unsold condos. Smart.